Colt Haynes -Left  
Right - Molly Miller

On the evening of July 7, 2013 for reasons unknown Molly Miller and Colt Haynes were riding in a vehicle with James Nipp. At approximately 10:46pm, the vehicle would gain the attention of two Wilson, Oklahoma Police Officers when they spotted Nipp driving recklessly- going so far as to do a donut in front of the Officers, slinging gravel onto their marked police cruisers. It was at this point that the officers flipped on their lights, and Nipp sped off heading down Highway 76 in Carter County.

Eventually he would turn his headlights off, drive in the wrong lane, and reach speeds of up to 120 mph in his attempts to allude the police officers who were pursuing him. It worked. After the vehicle carrying James Nipp, Molly Miller, and Colt Haynes crossed into Love County- the officers ceased their pursit.

It was also the last time that someone other than James Nipp could possibly say that they had seen either Molly Miller or Colt Haynes.

Sometime after the officers lost sight of the vehicle, it apparently crashed through a fence in a rough terrain area of western Love County, not far from where the pursuit officially ended. Whether Molly and Colt were still in the vehicle at the time of the crash is unknown.

What is known is that at approximately 12:50am Molly Miller would call 911, nothing would be said and after five seconds the call was ended. When the operator tried to call back, no one answered.

Molly and Colt made several calls to friends within the early hours of July 8, 2013- saying they were lost, that they needed water, and that they needed a ride. Reportedly Colt told some friends that he believed he had broken his ankle and was coughing up blood. After these calls- there has been no activity on either phone since those early morning hours of July 8, 2013.

We do know based on both a witness statement, and on cell phone records that Molly Miller and Colt Haynes were in the vehicle together during the pursuit with Wilson PD. Per the witness statement, James Nipp was the driver of the car, with Colt Haynes sitting in the front passenger seat and Molly Miller in the back seat.

OSBI officially took over the case in 2014, and has said that while several suspects have been looked at- almost every lead that has come in on the case has lead them to a dead end. While James Nipp faced charges dealing with him fleeing from police, technically those charges were unrelated to the disappearances of either Molly Miller or Colt Haynes.

Currently there is a combined reward in the amount of $45,000 for information that leads to the recovery of Molly Miller and Colt Haynes.

If you know anything about the disappearance of Molly Miller and Colt Haynes please call the OSBI at 1-800-522-8017.

Missing Person : Molly Miller

Return to Home Page

(c)2017, Oklahoma Cold Cases, Inc. All rights reserved

Teal and white Oklahoma Cold Cases Logo is a Trademark of Oklahoma Cold Cases, Inc..

Slogan “Silence is Betrayal” is a Trademark of Oklahoma Cold Cases, Inc..

Trademarks may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. No claim to copyright is made for original U.S. Government Works.